This is the V3 Maps API. The V3 does not use API keys like V2 does. Because
you download the JS from Google, and it has to start on your site (where it
can detect the URL), they track the API usage that way.

So, you should be able to just use the example in the
Showcase<http://gonevertical-apis.appspot.com/> (2nd
example) to fetch your directions

Sincerely,
Joseph