You can use HTML 5 <input> "placeholder" attribute to achive that.

TextBox textBox = new TextBox();
textBox.getElement().setAttribute("placeholder", "some text");

check browser support of this attribute here
http://www.w3schools.com/html5/att_input_placeholder.asp

For rounded borders just add styleName to TextBox with
border-radius<http://www.w3schools.com/css3/css3_borders.asp>property