I've been trying to work on a custom serializer but I've not been able to
get it to work. So I've been investigating
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.SerializabilityUtil. What I'm seeing is
a strange recursive loop that looks odd to me.

I can register a custom field serializer on next to the class or in the rpc
core class and both produce the same result. But for this example I'll show
the serializer looks like in the loop in rpc core.

class
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.core.com.googlecode.objectify.impl.ref.StdRef_CustomFieldSerializer

- finds the serializer on this iteration
class
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.core.com.googlecode.objectify.impl.ref.StdRef_CustomFieldSerializer_CustomFieldSerializer

- but on this one it looks for this and sets the mapping in this var to
null in this map classServerCustomSerializerCache

During the second time it clears the setting in the cache too, which
doesn't make sense to me. During the second time it sets the mapped
serializer in this var to null, classServerCustomSerializerCache. Any idea
if this is to be expected?

While I see it finds my custom field serializer in the code, I get stumped
wondering why the code behaves as it does. Well anyway, my goal is to get
the custom field serializer white listed, but I can't seem to get it
registered.

Brandon Donnelson
http://c.gwt-examples.com