On Monday, January 7, 2013 8:39:40 AM UTC+1, paran...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> yes that sounds like exactly what I need. What I don't really understand
> is:
> ------
> you loop over the PropertyDto-s and push their values to the corresponding
> text box
> ------
> how do I gain access to the text-boxes?

They're fields in your editor.

> Do you have any example I can refer to?

Something like:

public class SectionDtoEditor extends Composite implements
ValueAwareEditor<SectionDto> {

   private SectionDto value;

   @Editor.Ignore TextBox foo;
   @Editor.Ignore TextBox bar;

   …

   @Override
   public void setValue(SectionDto value) {
      this.value = value;
      foo.setValue(getPropertyDtoValue(value, "foo");
      bar.setValue(getPropertyDtoValue(value, "bar"));
   }

   @Override
   public void flush() {
      setPropertyDtoValue(value, "foo", foo.getValue());
      setPropertyDtoValue(value, "bar", bar.getValue());
   }

   …
}

where getPropertyDtoValue extracts the value from the PropertyDto whose id
is the one given as argument, and setPropertyDtoValue does the reverse.