I can only comment how I did it;

Googles bot will read any url in the form:

#!key1=value1&key2=value2

As:

?_escaped_fragment_=key1=value1%26key2=value2

Thus I built a php version of my site that delivered the same
content without the need for JavaScript.
By using escape fragments the same request data is avaliable to the server
as the client, so you should be able to pull up the same contents as the
client. (for example, from a mysql database).

So effectively the javascript and php versions of my site mirror eachother
in terms of content, and the bot has access to the php one via the
?_escaped_fragment_ url standard.