try to prevent any inlining or other optimizations using :

@Source("img0001.png")
@ImageOptions(preventInlining=true)
ImageResource img0001();

>From ImageResource.java :

 /**
     * Set to {@code true} to require the ImageResource to be downloaded as
     * separate resource at runtime. Specifically, this will disable the
use of
     * {@code data:} URLs or other bundling optimizations for the image.
This
     * can be used for infrequently-displayed images.
     */

Good luck