First off, what a nightmare it is just to get the plugin working on chrome.
the chrome store kept failing to install the plugin with a worthless error
message.
So i defaulted back to my old habit of opening the chrome extensions tab
and then dragging the CRX file directly onto the browser.
But that was failing now too due to a "incorrect magic number" error.
I finally figured out i need to be logged into my google account in order
to install the plugin directly from the google chrome store.
Why doesn't the plugin install screen just say "you must be logged in to
install the plugin" rather than the worthless message it does now??