Hi there,

I am somewhat of a GWT novice and I am attempting to create my first
application and I would appreciate if any wise old sages would be able to
offer some guidance... As part of this application I want to offer offline
functionality. My thoughts on how this will work are as follows:
> User logs in
> Credentials checked on server
> If ok, check client DB exists (if not, get DDL from server)
> if the server DB has been upgraded apply changes to client

There are more steps to follow, but hopefully you get the general idea of
what I am trying to achieve. I have been able to use RestyGWT to connect to
PHP scripts and transfer JSON back and forth and I have also been able to
use GWT Mobile Webkit to create and interact with a client DB.

However, I am now a bit stuck in that I am unsure what the best way is to
glue it all together as I am used to synchronous things... The easiest
option I can see would be to daisy chain the callbacks together so that all
required steps get executed in the required order. However, that seems
rather inelegant and so I was wondering if there were any better options
out there. I thought about an event for each step, but from what I have
read, that appears to not be the done thing.

I am also slightly confused as to what the best way to interface with the
results of the callbacks, say if some other part of the application needs
to make use of the results.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

Tim