It's very hard to tell you anything useful when you post such a vague
comment.

What specifically is slow for you?  How big is your application?  How
powerful is your development computer?

On my MacBook Pro, I rarely bother with DevMode any more; I can do a
full compile of 6 permutations of my application (about 150,000 lines
of client-side Java source code) in just over 60 seconds.  So I make a
batch of changes, and the recompile is done before I can fetch coffee,
and I'm ready for testing on multiple devices.