Have you tried uninstalling them and reinstalling the GPE w/ the latest and
matching GWT Designer? It looks like your install might have left stuff
around or didn't fully complete.

Many people have had this kind of issue with the installer in 4.2. Most
people recommend just starting with a new Eclipse install completely when
you hit this, rather than trying to fix your existing install.

You may need to export/import your preferences (including external tools,
run configs, debug configs, etc that you don't store in .settings) but some
of that will come over if you use the same workspace.