Yves, I would try SuperDev mode and debug using Chrome Dev Tools and the
source maps produced by the super dev mode code server.  You don't need any
special changes to your project, you just need to create a way to launch
the super dev mode code server.  This is documented at
gwtproject.org.here<http://www.gwtproject.org/articles/superdevmode.html>.
 Here
<http://lumpofcode.blogspot.com/2012/11/configuring-gwt-codeserver-and.html?view=mosaic>is

a blog post I wrote with detailed instructions.

Ed