Hi,

I tend to fall back to pure JSON(P) more and more, but that comes with
other problems (a big leak in our "beloved IE"with JSONP for example). The
idea that GWT supports RPC with something similar but not quite the same as
java serialisation somehow falls appart in many bigger projects.

Sometimes it is better to not be compatible and then it is clear that you
need some kind of DTO layer. But it is a lot of extra work in big projects,
even when generating these dtos, and I wonder what the performance and VM
heap impact is of always creating these objects.

David