On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:39:22 PM UTC+2, Jens wrote:

> But generally we end up wanting to know about the resize to
>> modify elements that are inside of the child widget either to reposition or
>> resize them.
>>

> Hmm, just a guess, but if you have this desire then you probably use the
> wrong widget or your CSS can be done better in header and footer.

Put differently: GWT is either "size from the inner out" ("old" widgets,
mostly use intrinsic sizing) or "size from the outer in" (layout panels,
size always explicit), and HeaderPanel bridges them: header and footer are
sized from the inner out and the content widgegt will be sized from the
outer in depending on the header and footer size (and the overall
HeaderPanel size, set from the outer in). There's nothing like "set width
from the outer in and height from the inner out (aka 'maybe my height will
change in response')". You can do it of course, but HeaderPanel probably is
not the appropriate widget. It'd be easy to build a similar widget that
follows your own rules though.