I knew you guys wouldn't be implementing it that way, but the demo sort of
gives that impression so the clarification is helpful.

And as far as what most people are using, I'm not sure. However I have seen
other discussions about implementing such authentication and retry queues
via the default transport, so I think this would have a place. But we'll
know for sure once one of the heavy hitters like Mr. Broyer weigh in.