On Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:59:48 PM UTC+2, Shaun Tarves wrote:

> I am defining several elements via UiBinder. My understanding is these are
> created as com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element during the createAndBind
> call.
>
> I would like to add a click handler to one of these elements. Is there any
> way other than casting those to com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element like this?
>

> @UiField
> Element clickable;
>
> DOM.sinkEvents((com.google.gwt.user.client.Element) clickable,
> Event.ONCLICK);
> DOM.setEventListener((com.google.gwt.user.client.Element) clickable, new
> EventListener() {
> public void onBrowserEvent(Event event) {
> //TODO: Some code
> }
> });

Don't do that, you might leak memory on some browsers (aka, do it at your
own risks)

Either use widgets or use the event delegation pattern, where your widget
listens to events and do one thing or another depending on the event's type
and target.
For event delegation, using "uibinder for cells" makes it easier as you can
use @UiHandler and let the generator do the routing for you.