I spent most of Friday reading up on Editor Framework and it seemed quite
powerful and useful. But today I'm looking at actually making use of it and
I've had some fairly basic questions which I have not been able to find
answers to in this group or anywhere on Google/gwtproject.org.

1) Does the use of Editor Framework require the use of UiBinder? i.e. can I
use it with a regular Java view?
2) Does the use of Editor Framework require the use of RequestFactory? This
answer appears to be no, but I haven't been able to find any examples that
don't use RequestFactory. Do such examples exist?
3) What options exist in GWT for doing databinding? It looks like UiBinder
itself takes care of doing data binding. So I guess that Editor Framework
is not so much about data binding, instead it adds validation, Editor
composition, and?

I still can't really figure out if the Editor Framework is right for my
project or not. I use DTOs via GWT-RPC without any RequestFactory. My
current views are Java (no UiBinder) but I might switch to UiBinder. I've
got the architecture for MVP laid out pretty well and I'm having a hard
time figuring out how Editors fit into the mix.

The DTOs whose data is exposed in my views does not map directly to what is
displayed in the view one-to-one. Many views display data taken from
multiple DTOs. Also actions/selections in one view must result in changes
to other views on the page. This means that selecting an item in one view
could cause (via Events) multiple presenters to disable/enable elements in
their views.

Are there are good IO videos that cover Editor Framework in detail? So far
my searches have not come up with any, but the names don't always specify
the content.

I've read the details on gwtproject.org, code.google.com, and various blogs
plus the DynaTableRf example. But while trying to implement this stuff
today, it just feels wrong, like it isn't going to fit/work/etc with what
I'm doing. So I'm trying to figure out if I should just not use Editor
Framework at all.

Thank you,

Michael Prentice
GDG Space Coast