The .jar is on my build path. I've double checked that.

Currently I'm loading the driver like this:
conn=DriverManager.getConnection(url,user, pw);

where the url is
String url = "jdbc:postgresql://"+host+"/"+dbName;

It works from dev mode, for some reason once deployed it doesn't.

I'm trying to configure Tomcat to know about the .jar in a different way
now:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html#PostgreSQL

So far, no luck. I'm going to keep working on it.