By default, Selenium starts the browser with a fresh profile every time,
which means that it has no plugins installed. On quitting, it deletes that
profile again, to make sure that it won't slowly consume your disk.

When you start the firefox driver instance, you can ask it to load profile
details, including plugins. You can either create a new profile that only
has this plugin added (to keep things simpler and avoid other plugin
issues), or you can actually use your own default profile.

http://steveliles.github.io/testing_gwt_apps_in_dev_mode_with_webdriver.html
documents using your own profile, but this requires already having a
firefox profile set up locally with dev mode, which may not be ideal for
using other test machines to verify your app.

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/webdriver/xPDudSnAxwo/discussion
documents doing this the other way around, using the default of a fresh
profile (no history, no cache, no plugins, etc), and adding the gwt dev
mode plugin.