Greetings,

As sort of a pseudo continuation of my last email, I switched to a
SplitLayoutPanel.  That gave me everything I was looking for and a movable
partition to boot.  I do experience two new problems that I haven't found a
solution for.  I really appreciate the help.  The two problems I am having
is:

1.  There is a user adjustable splitter in the middle of the two halves.
 This is perfect.  The problem is that I also have a user adjustable
splitter at the far right too.  I do not want that.  How can I get rid of
that?

2.  Related to item 1, the SplitLayoutPanel fills up the browser window as
I want.  However, when the browser window is resized the SplitLayoutPanel
auto-resizes vertically as I want but does not auto-resize horizontally.
 (Probably the reason for the far right splitter!)  So, I want no far right
splitter, and I want the SplitLayoutPanel to auto-resize both vertically
and horizontally.

My code looks like this:

       Widget leftBottom = ...;
        Widget leftTop = ...;
        Widget rightBottom = ...;
        Widget rightTop = ...;

        SplitLayoutPanel layout = new SplitLayoutPanel();
        int totalWidth = RootLayoutPanel.get().getOffsetWidth() -
layout.getSplitterSize() * 2;

        DockLayoutPanel dlp1 = new DockLayoutPanel(Style.Unit.PT);
        dlp1.addSouth(leftBottom, 35);
        dlp1.add(leftTop);
        layout.addWest(dlp1, totalWidth/2);

        DockLayoutPanel dlp2 = new DockLayoutPanel(Style.Unit.PT);
        dlp2.addSouth(rightBottom, 35);
        dlp2.add(rightTop);
        layout.addWest(dlp2, totalWidth/2);

I go for long periods of time developing just fine but run into problems
every time I try something new.  Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Blake McBride