Seems like this error only occurs when I try to access a property of the
deserialized bean. I changed my code to the following:

Console.debug("Response-- " + response.getText());

AutoBean<MyBean> ab = AutoBeanCodex.decode(factory, MyBean.class, response.
getText());
Console.debug("Decode 1");

InitResult result = ab.as();
Console.debug("Decode 2: " + result.toString());

Console.debug("Result: " + result.getValue());

I now get the output:

Response-- {"value":"tesst"}
Decode 1
Decode 2: com.myModule.MyBeanAutoBean$2@1
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (ReferenceError) :
Ljava_util_List_2_classLit_0_g$ is not defined
Unknown.endVisitType_1_g$(MyModule-0.js@7:63876)
Unknown.traverse_1_g$(MyModule-0.js@18:61737)
Unknown.accept_5_g$(MyModule-0.js@8:61687)
Unknown.maybeCreateCoder_0_g$(MyModule-0.js@12:64201)
Unknown.visitValueProperty_3_g$(MyModule-0.js@8:64216)
Unknown.traverseProperties_0_g$(MyModule-0.js@20:4376)
Unknown.traverse_0_g$(MyModule-0.js@10:4303)
Unknown.accept_4_g$(MyModule-0.js@8:4168)
Unknown.doCoderFor_0_g$(MyModule-0.js@17:63727)
Unknown.getOrReify_0_g$(MyModule-0.js@16:4217)

Bean definition:

public interface MyBean extends Serializable
{
    public String getValue();
    public void setValue(String value);
}

public interface RequestBeanFactory extends AutoBeanFactory
{
    public AutoBean<MyBean> myBean();
}

Any ideas?