* I gave up in asking for disk from VA. After all the compression,
  we're currently at 88% capacity which should hold for a few months.
  After that, things will get dicey again.

* There was a power outage lasting a few hours at the secondary MX
  site yesterday, ending a 409 day uptime. I took the opportunity to
  do a kernel upgrade.

* We seem to have stabilized at about 10M page views / month from ~700K
  unique hosts. I don't know what percent Google crawlers and friends
  are contributing to the page view count, but it's a lot.

>If this is just a traffic level problem I will have to live with it,
>but if there is anything you can do at all, I (and the other
>no-mailers) would be extremely grateful.

I'll try adjusting a few parameters this weekend. No guarantees.

>Is it possible to merge the older [EMAIL PROTECTED] mails into the
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] archive?

Not really -- the merge would be something of an administrative
headache and I also don't want to spend the CPU given the current
backlog.

>I don't know why but it took 3 days for this message to reach the
>list ... During that time the cactus-user archive did appear on
>mail-archive, so everything is fine !

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is moderated, and the moderator (me) is a busy guy.  I
do this because there's a reasonable amount of completely irrelevant
questions and spam that I prefer not to let through. The delay in
cactus-user is due to the backlog mentioned above.