Hi Earl, *,

Earl Hood schrieb:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:

>>> You could also add the prefix to the method, as alternative to the
>>> already existing cid case.
>>> ((?:cid:)?|(?:(?:http://(?:www\.)?)?mail-archive\.com/)?)($AddrExp)

>>> This one should work in any case (but I didn't test it)

>> This also is my favorite - simply because the only one having
>> understood entirely ;o)).

>> remains the question whether it makes sense to restrict on
>> mail-archive.com because I think any (http:|ftp:|rsync:) URL
>> containing an emailadress part should stay untouched. Might be
>> interesting whether/how many of these occur in the whole archive.

> Doing this will allow others to post email addresses of people to
> be targeted by address harvesters.

I intended talking from mail adresses as part of an URL. Mailadresses
hit by the mhonarc regex will continued to be obfuscated. But I
apparently didn't succeed.

> Once can avoid the munging on the authoring side be URL escaping
> the @ character with %40

shure harvesters don't know the trick? :o))

> As for modify mhonarc source code, not sure if the M-A folks
> want to deal with maintaining a custom version of mhonarc to
> address this issue.

Is there any module handling this issue?
I don't think they have to deal with, if they don't want. We are on our
own then.

> They could disable modifybodyaddresses resource and have
> their own pre-filter to protect mail-archive URLs in messages.

That's what's happening, if the patch is accepted. Don't get the point
of this.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich