Happy Spring everyone. Here are some updates for The Mail Archive.

Search is about 10 times faster than before. This is due to a complete
rewrite that shaves off a ton of initialization time. I'm really happy
about this.

As an experiment, we're changing the way we serve ads. Previously,
direct visitors saw no ads, while visitors from global internet search
engines received two ad blocks per page. As of today everybody
gets the same thing, a single vertical ad to to the right of the
message page. If this is a problem, please speak up here or contact
our support team.

As computers have gotten faster over the years, we can get away with
using fewer of them. We took advantage of this and moved to a smaller
location in the same datacenter. Some downtime was involved, but it
should be worth it in the long run.

Finally, in personal news I had some fun watching our dog play in the
deep snow this spring. I laughed when he sank up to his belly and
started floundering around. About ten seconds later I took a step and
sank up to my armpits. Good times.

Cheers,
Jeff