#178: determine whether last.visit is the last fulfilled visit or the last
scheduled visit
-----------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  mish       |       Owner:  huhickman
     Type:  problem    |      Status:  assigned
 Blocking:             |
-----------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by campbell):

 Wendy
  Encounters are rolled out unequally across GPC right now. Given
 differences in system installations, I suggest you consider the PCORI
 common data model for encounters which we all must implement (and are
 implementing or have implemented.  Encounter types indicate whether
 encounters are scheduled or completed:
  ENCOUNTR TYPE (LOINC: 75525-6)
  COMPLETED: AV=AMBULATORY VISIT; ED=EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT; IS=
 NONINSTITUTIONAL INPATIENT STAY; IP=INPATIENT STAY; OA=OTHER AMBULATORY
 VISIT
  SCHEDULED OR ADMINISTRATIVE: OT=OTHER; UN=UNKNOWN; NI=NO INFORMATION
 Our source data at UNMC has considerable more detail regarding
 administrative types of encounters and you should tell us if you have
 needs for tracking those types of events.
 The Completed encounter types are actual face-to-face encounters of some
 type with the patient and are those you presumably what you want for
 research.  The others are administrative or scheduling encounters and
 should be ignored for patient care issues
 Have I answered your question?
 Jim Campbell

--
Ticket URL: