On 09/20/2016 07:42 PM, Stef Coene wrote:
Hi,

I just installed 4.2.1 on 2 RHEL 7.2 servers without any issue.
But I also need 2 clients on Ubuntu 14.04.
I installed the GPFS client on the Ubuntu server and used mmbuildgpl to
build the required kernel modules.
ssh keys are exchanged between GPFS servers and the client.

But I can't add the node:
[root@gpfs01 ~]# mmaddnode -N client1
Tue Sep 20 19:40:09 CEST 2016: mmaddnode: Processing node client1
mmremote: The CCR environment could not be initialized on node client1.
mmaddnode: The CCR environment could not be initialized on node client1.
mmaddnode: mmaddnode quitting.  None of the specified nodes are valid.
mmaddnode: Command failed. Examine previous error messages to determine
cause.

I don't see any error in /var/mmfs on client and server.

What can I try to debug this error?
Pfff, problem solved.
I tailed the logs in /var/adm/ras and found out there was a type in /etc/hosts so the hostname of the client was unresolvable.

Stef