From: "Luis Bolinches" <luis.bolinc...@fi.ibm.com>
Sent by: gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org
To: gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org
Cc: gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Upgrading kernel on RHEL
Date: Tue, Nov 29, 2016 5:20 AM

My 2 cents

And I am sure different people have different opinions.

New kernels might be problematic.

Now got my fun with RHEL 7.3 kernel and max_sectors_kb for new FS. Is something will come to the FAQ soon. It is already on draft not public.

I guess whatever you do .... get a TEST cluster and do it there first, that is better the best advice I could give.

--
Ystävällisin terveisin / Kind regards / Saludos cordiales / Salutations

Luis Bolinches
Lab Services
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/services/labservices/

IBM Laajalahdentie 23 (main Entrance) Helsinki, 00330 Finland
Phone: +358 503112585

"If you continually give you will continually have." Anonymous