Thank you.

I am sorry if i was not clear, but the metadata pool is all on SSDs in the GPFS
clusters that we use. Its just the data pool that is on Near-Line Rotating
disks.
I understand that AFM might not be able to solve the issue, and I will try and
see if file heat works for migrating the files to flash tier.
You mentioned an all flash storage pool for heavily used files - so you mean a
different GPFS cluster just with flash storage, and to manually copy the files
to flash storage whenever needed?
The IO performance that i am talking is prominently for reads, so you mention
that LROC can work in the way i want it to? that is prefetch all the files into
LROC cache, after only few headers/stubs of data are read from those files?
I thought LROC only keeps that block of data that is prefetched from the disk,
and will not prefetch the whole file if a stub of data is read.
Please do let me know, if i understood it wrong.