From: gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org
[mailto:gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org] On Behalf Of Knister, Aaron
S. (GSFC-606.2)[COMPUTER SCIENCE CORP]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 4:14 PM
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Preferred NSD

Hi Lukas,

Check out FPO mode. That mimics Hadoop's data placement features. You can have
up to 3 replicas both data and metadata but still the downside, though, as you
say is the wrong node failures will take your cluster down.

You might want to check out something like Excelero's NVMesh (note: not an
endorsement since I can't give such things) which can create logical volumes
across all your NVMe drives. The product has erasure coding on their roadmap.
I'm not sure if they've released that feature yet but in theory it will give
better fault tolerance *and* you'll get more efficient usage of your SSDs.

I'm sure there are other ways to skin this cat too.

-Aaron

On March 12, 2018 at 10:59:35 EDT, Lukas Hejtmanek