Hi All,

According to the man page for mmaddcallback:

A local
         event triggers a callback only on the node on which the
         event occurred, such as mounting a file system on one of
         the nodes.

We have two GPFS clusters here (well, three if you count our small test
cluster).  Cluster one has 8 NSD servers and one client, which is used only for
tape backup … i.e. no one logs on to any of the nodes in the cluster.  Files on
it are accessed one of three ways:  1) CNFS mount to local computer, 2) SAMBA
mount to local computer, 3) GPFS multi-cluster remote mount to cluster two.  On
cluster one there is a user callback for softQuotaExceeded that e-mails the
user … and that we know works.

Cluster two has two local GPFS filesystems and over 600 clients natively
mounting those filesystems (it’s our HPC cluster).  I’m trying to implement a
similar callback for softQuotaExceeded events on cluster two as well.  I’ve
tested the callback by manually running the (Python) script and passing it in
the parameters I want and it works - I get the e-mail.  Then I added it via
mmcallback, but only on the GPFS servers.

I did that because I thought that since callbacks work on cluster one with no
local access to the GPFS servers that “local” must mean “when an NSD server
does a write that puts the user over quota”.  However, on cluster two the
callback is not being triggered.  Does this mean that I actually need to
install the callback on every node in cluster two?  If so, then how / why are
callbacks working on cluster one?

Thanks…

Kevin

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
kevin.buterba...@vanderbilt.edu<mailto:kevin.buterba...@vanderbilt.edu> -
(615)875-9633