Hi Nick,

You are correct.  You need to update the nsddevices file to look in /dev/mapper.

Cheers,
-Bryan

From: gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org
[mailto:gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org] On Behalf Of Nick Savva
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 5:51 PM
To: gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org
Subject: [gpfsug-discuss] Device mapper

Note: External Email
________________________________
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered already in discussions.

I'm building a new spectrum scale cluster and I am trying to get consistent
device names across all nodes. I am attempting to use aliases in the
multipath.conf which actually works and creates the /dev/mapper/<disk name>
link.

I understand you can also copy the bindings file but I think aliases is
probably easier to maintain.

However Spectrum scale will not accept the /dev/mapper device it only looks for
dm-X devices that are in the /proc/partitions file. I know SONAS is pointing to
Device mapper so there must be a way?

Im looking at the /var/mmfs/etc/nsddevices is it a case of editing this file to
find the /dev/mapper device?

Appreciate the help in advance,

Nick

________________________________

Note: This email is for the confidential use of the named addressee(s) only and
may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited, and to please notify the
sender immediately and destroy this email and any attachments. Email
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The Company,
therefore, does not make any guarantees as to the completeness or accuracy of
this email or any attachments. This email is for informational purposes only
and does not constitute a recommendation, offer, request or solicitation of any
kind to buy, sell, subscribe, redeem or perform any type of transaction of a
financial product.