> I could use CES, but CES does not support follow-symlinks outside respective SMB export.

Samba has the 'wide links' option, that we currently do not test and support as part of the mmsmb integration. You can always open a RFE and ask that we support this option in a future release.

> Follow-symlinks is a however a hard-requirement  for to follow links outside GPFS filesystems.

I might be reading this wrong, but do you actually want symlinks that point to a file or directory outside of the GPFS file system? Could you outline a usecase for that?

Regards,

Christof Schmitt || IBM || Spectrum Scale Development || Tucson, AZ
christof.schm...@us.ibm.com  ||  +1-520-799-2469    (T/L: 321-2469)