Additionally, mmbackup creates by default a .mmbackupCfg directory on the root
of the fileset where it dumps several files and directories with the progress
of the backup. For instance: expiredFiles/, prepFiles/, updatedFiles/,
dsminstr.log, ...

You may then create a script to search these directories for logs/lists of what
has happened, and generate a more detailed report of what happened during the
backup. In our case I generate a daily report of how many files and how much
data have been sent to the TSM server and deleted for each user, including
their paths. You can do more tricks if you want.

Jaime