From: "Carl Zetie - ca...@us.ibm.com" <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org
To: "gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org" <gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gpfsug-discuss] support for 7.8 in 5.0.4.4?
Date: Mon, May 4, 2020 8:20 AM

Right now the dev/test team is working flat-out to try to get RHEL 7.8 supported with the upcoming 5.0.5 release, expected this month.

We haven't yet made a decision about 5.0.4.4. It will depend on what we learn about the changes required to support RHEL 7.8, and whether those are small enough to be worth backporting to 5.0.4.4.

Bear in mind that 5.0.4.4 was the last PTF in the 5.0.4 stream, and customers who can update to 5.0.5 are advised to do so. 5.0.5 will be our first Extended Updates release, meaning you can stay there for up to two years while still receiving PTFs including security fixes. There is no additional charge for this: it's included in your existing S&S.

As soon as I know more, I'll share it here.

Carl Zetie
Program Director
Offering Management
Spectrum Scale
----
(919) 473 3318 ][ Research Triangle Park
ca...@us.ibm.com