On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:18:09 +0100
Marcus Meissner wrote:

> But this is the way I would go here. Can you just try?

In fact I've tried already, and that's why I am writing here :) It works
now as expected, I only would like to optimize it somehow.

> FWIW, do you get an PTP event of PTP_EC_DeviceInfoChanged (4008) ?

No, there is no such an event (if I don't miss something).

> > Since this is not actually an error and the message
> > is quite irritating, I'd like to know if it would be OK to disable
> > it just for one particular camera.
>
> If this annoying, just comment it out.

Well, that's not a problem at the testing stage. But the error message
looks scaring and may be misleading for future users (it also pollutes
the console making it more difficult to control the output). As we
know it will always occur for a particular camera, why not to disable
it? Or at least it should be a warning, not an error, as it doesn't
prevent the app from working and producing the correct result.

> :/ I just have an M10 for testing.

Also got an M10, but I like the M2 much more :)

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Faculty of History