On Dec 23, 2013 6:03 AM, "Jim Michaels" <jmich...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> how do I do this? this is the flash rom built into a system. is there a
command for this? I could sure use one. I am trying to make it so if the
lan boot rom does get booted again, it will skip the lan boot and default
to the hard drive and ignore the LAN boot ROM I would like to flash.

> it's built into a motherboard. I am trying to render it inert.
> help appreciated. software even more appreciated, especially if it's an
iso I can just burn to clear the rom.

Use the BIOS setup to remove the option and set a BIOS setup password.

Most LoMs get their OROM from the system firmware and attempts to wipe it
will likely render the system unbootable.  Seting the password I'm my
experience is often the only way to remove the option from manual
selection.  Some systems still allow its manual select but require the BIOS
setup password to continue.

 --Gene