Hi,
I am doing an evaluation of graffito for the purpose of integration to our portal. I have few questions regarding the design and technologies used .

1. Does graffito has its own session management ? I understand it "no" since this is not designed as a standalone webapp.(or can I run it without riding on portal ?) When it gets deployed as portlets , it uses the session management of the portal system. Here , it uses the session management of Jetspeed portal. Kindly confirm my understanding.

2. How are portal users mapped to cms users ? e.g when I deploy graffito war to jetspeed , the content browser portlet for browsing,editing,creating documents + folders , gets configured for admin while content tree portlet gets configured for anonymous and user. Where are these configurations stored ?

3. Does it depend on apache's commons logging framework or is there any other framework on top of this ?

4. Is there any roadmap to implement workflow service ?

5. Will the JCR plugin be using OCM ? Is it possible to use the existing model and model service to use jcr mapping layer directly and depend on this mapping (persistence layer) for versioning,security,search. Basically, what I am asking is that can I skip the abstractions of the services which are already part of JSR170 implementation . I have tried the following:

   * Tried to navigate document creation , which uses Graffito store
     for persistence, since jcr mapping is not yet integrated.
   * Separated the jcr mapping layer from the other graffito stack,
     created my own model and used jcr mapping to persist. This layer
     can be directly used for search and versioning.

My concern is if I integrate graffito to my portal and create my own model based on Content/CmsObject , do I still have to go through the abstraction of all the services , even though I am only interested in jcr using jcr mapping.

6. The project is under incubation. Where should i look for license details ?

Thanks,
Appreciate reponse.
-Ruchi