I have a network where each of my edges is labelled with a date. I want to
now also label my vertices so that each vertex has a date assigned to it
corresponding to the minimum date of all edges incident and emanating from
it. Is there an inbuilt function to find this which would be faster than me
looping over all vertices and then all edges for each vertex manually? My
current code idea is:

lowest_year = 2016
for v in g.vertices():
   for e in v.in_edges():