On 23.02.2017 15:33, P-M wrote:
> The odd thing though is that graph-tool is compiled against
> /home/pmj27/anaconda2/bin/python2.7. The anaconda boost is installed through
> conda so should also be linked against that. I can try and tell configure
> explicitely to take its boost libraries from /home/pmj27/anaconda2/lib/. As
> far as I can tell all the library files reside in that folder. What would I
> need to specify for that? (My proficiency isn't great enough to piece it
> together from the manual unfortuantely.) As far as I can tell by the output
> reproduced by ldd
> /home/pmj27/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/graph_tool/libgraph_tool_core.so
> though the boost libraries used by graph-tool are the anaconda boost
> libraries as they reside in /home/pmj27/anaconda2/lib/ so it isn't clear to
> me if that would change much. Or am I missing a vital piece here?

You are describing a consistent picture, but the error proves otherwise.

I think what you might be confusing is the compilation-time linking
(which gets setup when you do ./configure and make) and the run-time
linking (this is what you see with ldd). If ldd shows the right library,
it does not mean that the linking was in fact done correctly. I tried to
explain this in the documentation, but it seems I failed...

In short, you have to be sure that the paths given to configure are
correct, which in your case I think should be:

   ./configure --prefix=$HOME/.local PYTHON=/home/pmj27/anaconda2/bin/python2.7
CPPFLAGS="-I/home/pmj27/anaconda2/include" LDFLAGS="-L/home/pmj27/anaconda2/lib"

As is explained in the documentation. But this assumes that the rest of
your boost-python + python installation is consistent, which I have no
idea.

Best,
Tiago

--