Jim, > My goal is to be able to publish a webrev to the 2D mailing list by tomorrow so hopefully I'll see a diff soon.
Excellent news ! It would be nice to have a webrev against the GR forest and also a webrev against 4.2 to streamline reviewing. I sent you a webrev against the GR forrest on my laptop ie before your last merge, sorry. I think you will have only a conflict with MarlinUtils: maybe the SharedSecret usage is now less useful and we should get rid of that tracing logs anyway. I do not know how to tell webrev.ksh to perform a webrev between two intermediate "patches". > I may do some pushes to the GR-forest on your behalf over the next day just to save some time in terms of you publishing a webrev and then me reviewing it and then waiting again for you to do the push. Basically, if I just get a diff from you for the latest stuff I can work directly from that. You're right and I am fine with that sprint: it will save time as I have another science talk tomorrow morning (in 12h), then driving back home. Moreover the timezone difference is also annoying. > Then I'll have to generate the big-diff webrev for pushing to the client forest and send it out for review on the 2D mailing list. Seems good. Do you know reviewers that will have time to look at such a big patch ? > Moving forward we can use the GR sandbox forest for less formal work and decide what we want to push to client independently... Agreed. The GR repository can remain our "dev sandbox" to improve marlin and you can then merge it to the client forrest when needed. PS: please give some results about the benchmarks you will run. Good luck, Laurent
