I think the nightly tarballs would suffice. Can this be done for the Addons directories too?

Michael

On Dec 11, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

Moritz Lennert wrote:

Michael,

A number of projects run cronjobs on download.osgeo.org to prepare night SVN snapshots. Would this satisfy the need you see? I can work with anyone
interested in setting this up.
I think that a 'download tarball' button would be nice, as this allows to download a tarball of just any directory you want.

This seems to be implemented in Trac, but needs to be configured via the 'downloadable_paths' variable. See http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#svn .

Moritz,

I reviewed this and it appears this just gives the one-file-at-a-time
downloading option. It does not appear to allow downloading directories
and directory trees as a tarball.

But it's obviously also a question of resource usage this might imply for the osgeo server.

We do disallow robots into many parts of Trac to avoid big downloads.
We used to have a lot of problems with google and other robots requesting
huge version diffs (ie. between r1 and r20000 on /trunk!) during their
scans. In many cases this produced multi-gigabyte diffs and would crash
the main server.

Beyond that it isn't such an issue.  But given that Trac does not seem
to provide the desired service, I think we are back to preparing
nightly tarballs.

Best regards,