On Feb 9, 2008, at 5:15 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 01:15:12 +0100
From: "Martin Landa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #38: configure.in: wxwidgets
        and     python checks
To: Hamish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Glynn Clements <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        grass-dev@lists.osgeo.org

Hi,

2008/2/10, Hamish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Glynn:
E.g. on my system:

      $ python-config --cflags
      -I/usr/include/python2.4 -I/usr/include/python2.4
-fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG

Okay, so --with-python-includes=-I/usr/include/python2.4 might
suffice, depending upon whether or not the code actually uses
anything which violates C aliasing rules and/or the extent to which
the compiler takes advantage of them (I presume the
-fno-strict-aliasing flag is there for a reason).

But that's on my system. There's no telling what additional flags it
might need on some other system.

FWIW, on my system (Debian/stable) there is no python-config in sight.

$ locate python-config
$ apt-file search bin/python-config
$

nothin.
(apt-file searches all packages in the entire Debian(/stable) archive)
 renamed?

python-config is part of *python-dev* package (only Debian
testing/unstable, it is not included in Etch). I don't know about
Mac/Windows Python distribution.

It's in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/python- config

Martin