On Jul 23, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

Actually, OSX 10.5 only comes with 8.4 Aqua.

Well, I don't remember installing 8.5 (though the absence of memory is not necessarily a memory of absence in my case). It doesn't look to be an Active States installation and I'm sure that I didn't compile 8.5 aqua. So I'm not sure where it came from if it didn't come with some system update.

What comes with OSX is in /System/Library/Frameworks, and all that is in my system is 8.4. If you have 8.5 in /Library/Frameworks, then that that must have been installed by something.

Michael, for the line that links nviz, do you see -L/usr/lib?

Where do I look for this?

I don't have a recent compile log handy, but I think you can search for "-o nvwish" in the Terminal after compiling. But then...

./configure
--with-tcltk-includes="/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers / Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers /Library/Frameworks/ Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders"

In my local notes, I set --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/local/lib. Without that, the 8.5 includes are used, but the libraries are found in /usr/ lib, which are the 8.4 libs.

This assumes that there are symlinks to the frameworks in /usr/local/ lib. I don't remember if the aqua tcltk build automatically adds these or not, or if the binaries available (ie Activestate) include these. Ideally, I think GRASS needs to detect a framework TclTk Aqua and use -framework Tcl -framework Tk instead of -ltcl -ltk to link tcltk, then the symlinks and -L flag would not be necessary.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin