Based on the discussion in this list, I have added experimental LFS support to trunk in r36392. It works on Linux 32bit and 64bit, both tested with and without --enable-largefile. I can not test on other systems, unfortunately. Vectors created with the new libs are fully backwards compatible to grass6x, and vectors created with grass6x can be read directly by the new libs. IOW, the change should be invisible to the user for vectors with coor files < 2GB. Vector coor files > 2GB are not supported in grass6x anyway.

Markus M