#1606: WXGUI regression - attribute query tool reports "nothing found" when
clicking on a vector object
  Reporter:  marisn       |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  wxGUI        |     Version:  6.4.3 RCs
Resolution:               |    Keywords:  query
  Platform:  Unspecified  |         Cpu:  Unspecified

Comment(by annakrat):

 The problem is that one layer is connected to database and one is not. So
 we can test if this situation happens and then redirect the v.what output
 to the gui command console instead of showing the vector feature attribute
 dialog (the same as when you query more vector maps at once). There is no
 consistent behaviour at all but at least you don't loose any data.

 Or we can backport new querying from grass 7 (with the new dialog) which
 should work more consistently. This is maybe too much new but it was
 tested on all platforms successfully.

 Anna

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1606#comment:9>