I really thought I checked that, but apparently not :-/ ... (just for clarity, in the gui, the boundary feature type should be enabled).

But it is good if this is enabled by default (as it always has been as far as I am aware when opening a vector layer in the GUI), thanks for adding that back.

Cheers,

Paulo