W dniu 04.06.2014 14:53, Moritz Lennert pisze:
On 03/06/14 19:59, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

Anybody knows what is the v.buffer's `minordistance' option supposed
to do?

The manual is not verbose about that, but as I understand it, together
with `distance', it should allow to create a buffer with different
extent along the minor and major axis, considering the specified `angle'
of their rotation.

But none of the options works as that - the buffer size always equals
the `distance', and the other 2 options make no difference if used or
not an set to what.

BTW, it seems that -s, -c flags also don't have any effect on the output.

Did I get it wrong or maybe there's something broken?

In NC dataset:

v.buffer schools_wake out=testbuf distance=500 minordistance=250

gives me the attached buffers. Everything seems to work fine here...

Could you be more specific about what exactly is not working for you ?

Right, looks fine for points input. Not so for areas input though, e.g:

$ v.buffer testbuf out=testbuf2 distance=500 minordistance=250

v.buffer in the latter case does not honor minordistance and uses distance for both axes, while I would expect it to behave the way it does for points input. Am I expecting something which is not implemented maybe?

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
http://www.sieczka.org