From: grass-dev [mailto:grass-dev-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of
Blumentrath, Stefan
Sent: 10. mai 2016 09:57
To: Nikos Alexandris <nikos.alexand...@unige.ch>; Vaclav Petras
<wenzesl...@gmail.com>
Cc: grass-dev@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] Added i.landsat8.swlst in grass-addons

Another issue I came across it that currently, a possibly existing user mask
will be simply overwritten, while it might be more friendly to backup the user
mask before and restore it after the module finished... However, in order to
simplify the module a bit, an option might be to move the masking part out of
the module, and probably write something like this:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/i.modis.qc.html for Landsat, if that
does not exist yet(?). Seems you thought about it already?
Based on Markus tutorial
(http://courses.neteler.org/processing-landsat8-data-in-grass-gis-7/#Applying_the_Landsat_8_Quality_Assessment_%28QA%29_Band)
 and the info here http://landsat.usgs.gov/qualityband.php that should be a
quite doable job. If no landsat bitpattern module exists I might be able to
volunteer...
The idea would be something like this: extract raster values from QA band, loop
over those values, compare the bit pattern representation of the integer values
with acceptable bit patterns defined by the user, add the result of the
comparison to r.reclass rules, and finally reclassify the QA band...