From: Martin Landa [mailto:landa.mar...@gmail.com]
Sent: 16. september 2016 14:18
To: Blumentrath, Stefan <stefan.blumentr...@nina.no>
Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-dev@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] ubuntu gis policy

Hi Stefan,

> As recently also discussed on the QGIS mailinglist, packages from a
> repository named "unstable" can get blocked by system administrators (who not
> necessarily will take the time to try to understand what is behind all
> applications), regardless if I as a user tell them that "unstable" actually
> means "current release"...

I completely understand, and agree with your opinion. It's very confusing. Also
from Debian point of view (experimental -> unstable -> testing -> stable).
Please express your opinion on ubuntugis ml (or I can forward your message if
you prefer). Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa