On 19/10/16 11:22, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
Dear all,

currently the default behavior of g.list is to display all the files
present in all mapsets (which corresponds to g.list mapset=*), without
indicating where they are.
I would very much prefer g.list mapset=. as a default behavior, ignoring
what there is in other mapsets.

-1

For me the current default behaviour, i.e. showing maps of all mapsets in the current search path is much more useful.

If this is really not possible, at least specifying the mapset where the
maps are, if different from the current.
Perhaps:

g.list vect
vect1
vect2
PERMANENT
vect3

or:

g.list vect
vect1
vect2
PERMANENT/vect3

What do you think?

Have you seen the '-m' flag ?

And otherwise, the '-p' flag gives you pretty printed output by mapset.

I guess we could discuss whether '-p' should be the default...

There was a discussion about these questions on the ML at the time: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-October/071381.html

Moritz