On 26/06/17 20:37, Markus Neteler wrote:

On Jun 13, 2017 11:44 PM, "Markus Neteler" <nete...@osgeo.org
<mailto:nete...@osgeo.org>> wrote:

<mailto:nete...@osgeo.org>>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have merged back the translations fetched from transifex to SVN
in r71148.

... apparently no issues since nobody complained.
So I can make it a cronjob at this point?

?

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Maris Nartiss <maris....@gmail.com
<mailto:maris....@gmail.com>> wrote:
> The most easy solution is to just nuke (empty) offending translations
> in any text editor as those errors make them unusable anyway.

ok, hope someone will take care.

?

>> Final question:
>> Merge back to relbr72 using my good old msgmerge scripts or the
>> transifex_merge.sh ?

Opinions concerning this backport are still desired, thanks.

?

I think it would be nice to get answers here in order to use (as
planned) the translation work done through transifex...

Sorry, Markus, but on my side, I'm just currently completely ignorant about translation procedures and issues in GRASS. I didn't even know we had a solution via transifex (which is great BTW !)...

With this ignorance in mind, I would say:

- Activate the cron job. If it fails, we'll repair.

- I don't know what the issue concerning empty translations is about.

- I don't know what the issue concerning the choice between msgmerge and transifex_merge.sh, and the backport, is about. I don't even know where to find these files.

So, in short: if you want feedback on such issues from all of us a bit more explanation of the issues might be necessary.

And from my ignorance a question: why don't we "just" move all translation to transifex and so avoid the need for merges between translations from different sources.

Moritz